A few things to help manage your card
Wave and go with Visa payWave
We know our customers have busy lives so we’ve added contactless payment to your card. Visa payWave is a secure, contactless technology that will help you spend less time at the checkout.
To pay for transactions under $80 just wave or tap your credit card in front of a contactless terminal and it will automatically process your purchase - there's no need for a signature or a Personal Identification Number (PIN). For transactions over $80, you'll be required to enter your PIN.
We know card security is important. Here are some ways you can be confident when making purchases:
Verified by VISA
Your card is protected by Verified by Visa which is an additional security feature for online shopping at participating sellers. Whenever you shop online using a seller who is also enrolled with Verified by Visa, the system makes sure that you are the person shopping with your credit card by verifying your identity. All Warehouse Money customers are automatically enrolled in this free service. Go to visa.co.nz for more information.
Your card has a chip
Your credit card has a microchip embedded within, which turns your information into a unique code when used at any EFTPOS terminal. This makes it difficult for anyone to copy and gives your card added security against fraud.
Activating your card
Now that you’ve received your card, there are a few things we need you to do before you can use it.
- Read the Credit Card Terms and Conditions brochure and your Credit Card Rates and Fees that come with your Welcome Letter or you can view it online here. You accept these terms and conditions when you activate your card.
- Log into our online service centre - Warehouse Money Connect at warehousemoney.co.nz. If it’s your first time logging in, click on the ‘First time login’ link and follow the prompts.
- Once you’ve logged in, activate your card by loading a Personal Identification Number (PIN) on your card. You’ll need your customer number and your mobile phone handy. A Key Code will be sent to your mobile to help verify your identity.
Alternatively, you can activate your card and set up your PIN by calling our Customer Experience Team on 0800 801 808.
Tips for choosing your PIN
Here are a few tips for setting your new PIN for your card:
- choose a 4 digit number that you can remember
- don’t use numbers that are easily identified with you personally, such as your birth date, address or phone number
- don’t use repeated numbers e.g. 4444
- don’t use consecutive numbers e.g. 1234
- your PIN mustn’t be the last or first 4 digits of your card number or customer number
- don’t write down your PIN (this includes storing it on your mobile phone)
If you want to change your PIN, simply log in to Warehouse Money Connect or call us on 0800 801 808.
Visa Checkout is a simple online payment service which allows you to pay for your online shopping quickly.
With Visa Checkout you no longer need to have your Warehouse Money Visa Card or Purple Visa Card close by while shopping online, meaning you’ll spend less time filling out forms with your payment and shipping address details.
Shopping online has never been so convenient!Find out more